THIS WEEK IN PANTHER SWIMMING/DIVING
Feb. 16-18 at MVC Championships
- The Panthers will head to Carbondale, Illinois, for the Missouri Valley Conference Championships Thursday February 16- Saturday February 18.
- The meet will be held at the Dr. Edward J. Shea Natatorium in the Student Rec Center on the Southern Illinois campus in Carbondale.
- Last year the Panthers finished fifth at the MVC Championships with 372.5 points
Notes from last meet vs. Iowa...
- The Panthers fell to in-state rival, the University of Iowa, 127-114. This was the last home meet of the season for UNI.
- Swimming in the last home meet of her collegiate career, Chelsea Hartman took first place in the 1000 freestyle with a time of 10:33.99. She also finished runner up in the 500 freestyle. She clocked in at 5:10.08, which is a new season best for her.
- Bethany Olson won both the 1-meter and 3-meter dives. She finished with 276.82 points in the 1-meter dive and scored 270.60 points in the 3-meter dive. Teammate Morgan Kinney took the runner-up spot in both dives, finishing with 229.71 points in the 3-meter dive and 249.75 points in the 1-meter dive, a new season best for her.
- Natalie Johnson took second in the 100 backstroke with a time of 1:00.18, a new season best for her. Lindsey Phelps placed second in the 100 butterfly, clocking in at 1:00.10. Caryn Knight finished third in the 200 IM with a time of 2:15.07.
Olson Named MVC Diver of the Week
- After her performance against the University of Iowa, junior Bethany Olson was named MVC Diver of the Week. This is the third time this season that she has received this honor.