THIS WEEK IN PANTHER TENNIS
Sat. April 14 at Evansville 1:00 p.m
Sun. April 15 at Southern Illinois 10:00 a.m.
The University of Northern Iowa women's tennis team (11-7) will travel to Indiana to take on Evansville on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. The match will take place at the Carson Center Tennis Courts. The Panthers will then head to Carbondale, Illinois, to face Southern Illinois at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday. The match will be played at the University Courts.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS
- This will be the 17th match of the season for the University of Evansville. The Purple Aces are 10-6 on the spring season. They are 1-2 in the Missouri Valley Conference. Their one win came against Creighton University and their loses against Southern Illinois and Wichita State. Last season, the Panthers defeated Evansville 6-1.
- Southern Illinois will be playing in it's 19th match of the season. The Salukis have a 13-4 record on the year. They will be playing Drake University before taking on the Panthers on Sunday. They are 2-1 in Missouri Valley Conference play. They won against Creighton University and Evansville and lost to Wichita State. The Panthers swept the Salukis, 7-0, last season.
PANTHERS GET FIRST MVC WIN
- The UNI tennis team got their first Missouri Valley Conference win this weekend against Bradley University. The Panthers defeated the Braves 6-1 at home. UNI then fell to Illinois State 6-1 the next day. Krissy Lankelma was the lone Panther to have two singles wins on the weekend. The doubles team of Chelsea Moore and Stefannia Sampaio were the only team to get two doubles wins for the Panthers last weekend.
PANTHERS START MVC PLAY 0-1
- UNI opened up MVC play last weekend against the Drake Bulldogs, and the Panthers were defeated 4-3. Jessica Kunzelmann and Chelsea Moore both had single wins for the Panthers that day. The doubles teams of Kunzelmann/Nina Pfahler and Moore/Stefannia Sampaio also earned wins UNI.
KUNZELMANN ON TOP
- Jessica Kunzelmann is now the lone leader on the top of the all-time career singles win list. Her win against Gabriela Demos of Drake last weekend gave her 87 wins to put her on the top spot.
PANTHERS GO 2-1 ON SPRING BREAK TRIP
- The Panthers had a 2-1 record on their spring break trip to Tennessee. The first day UNI defeated the University of Tennessee-Martin 6-1. The following day they swept Murray State 7-0. The Panthers fell to Middle Tennessee State 5-2. Jessica Kunzelmann had two singles wins on the weekend, and that helped move her up the all-time career singles list. The three doubles teams of Cassandra Dix/Krissy Lankelma, Jessica Kunzelmann/Nina Pfahler, and Stefannia Sampaio/Chelsea Moore all went undefeated on the trip. Stefannia Sampaio was the lone Panther to earn three singles wins on the trip when she defeated Taylor Coffey of Middle Tennessee State, 6-2, 6-0.
PANTHERS HAVE SUCCESS IN WISCONSIN
- The Panthers returned from their road trip to Wisconsin last weekend with two wins. UNI defeated Milwaukee 4-3 on Friday and they swept Green Bay 7-0 on Saturday. Jessica Kunzelmann had two singles wins on the weekend, helping her to move up the all-time career singles wins list. Krissy Lankelma and Chelsea Moore also had two singles wins on the weekend. The doubles teams of Kunzelmann/Nina Pfahler and Moore/Stefannia Sampaio had two wins on the weekend as well.