EVANSVILLE, Indiana- The University of Northern Iowa women's team was defeated 5-2 by the Evansville Purple Aces last night on the road after a weather delay.
In doubles, Cassandra Dix and Krissy Lankelma fell to Dora Kotsiou and Natasha James of Evansville 8-1 in the No. 1 match. Nina Pfahler and Jessica Kunzelmann won their No. 2 match against Emily Richardson and Kelsey Costales of Evansville 8-6. In the No. 3 match Aleks Dzakula and Jessica Raatz of Evansville defeated Stefannia Sampaio and Chelsea Moore 8-2 in the No. 3 match.
Pfahler fell to Kotsiou of Evansville 6-3, 6-3 in the No. 1 match. Dix was defeated by Dzakula of Evansville 6-2, 6-4 in the No. 2 match. Kunzelmann lost her No. 3 match 6-3, 6-0 to James of Evansville. Moore had a close No. 4 match and ended up defeating Mina Milovic of Evansville 6-0, 6-7 (5), 10-8. Lankelma won her No. 5 match against Gaby Fifer of Evansville 6-3, 6-4. Sampaio fell to Costales of Evansville 6-3, 6-1 in the No. 6 match.
The Panthers return to the court today when they take on Southern Illinois in Carbondale.
1. Dora Kotsiou (EVAN) def. Nina Pfahler (UNI) 6-3, 6-3
2. Aleks Dzakula (EVAN) def. Cassandra Dix (UNI) 6-2, 6-4
3. Natasha James (EVAN) def. Jessica Kunzelmann (UNI) 6-3, 6-0
4. Chelsea Moore (UNI) def. Mina Milovic (EVAN) 6-0, 6-7 (5), 10-8
5. Krissy Lankelma (UNI) def. Gaby Fifer (EVAN) 6-3, 6-4
6. Kelsey Costales (EVAN) def. Stefannia Sampaio (UNI) 6-3, 6-1
1. Dora Kotsiou/Natasha James (EVAN) def. Cassandra Dix/Krissy Lankelma (UNI) 8-1
2. Nina Pfahler/Jessica Kunzelmann (UNI) def. Emily Richardson/Kelsey Costales (EVAN) 8-6
3. Aleks Dzakula/Jessica Raatz (EVAN) def. Stefannia Sampaio/Chelsea Moore (UNI) 8-2